Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Holidays!!!!!

Sooooo my holiday hairstyle of choice was a head full of tight curls!  I also tried a new method this time.  I normally would use setting lotion when using flexirods but this time I decided to use extra virgin olive oil since so many people say it is good for our hair.  I didn't really know how I would use it but I decided to put some olive oil in a spray bottle, added water, and put a couple drops of kinky curly knot today in it.  It was like 1/4 olive oil and 3/4 water with 2 drops of KCKT. 

After I washed my hair with KeraCare sulfate free detangling shampoo, I deep conditioned with Olive Oil Replenishing Pak, and put in Kinky Curly Knot Today as my leave-in.   At this point I would usually saturate with setting lotion and proceed to roll it but instead I sprayed my hair as I rolled it with the olive oil and water solution and rolled it.  I let it air dry over-night and took the rollers out Christmas morning... My hair was very soft, shiny, bouncy, and free of frizz!  I will use the solution this week after my wash to see if it gives me the same results or if it was the deep conditioner that gave me those results.... Or maybe it was a combination of both.  We will find out!

What do you use to moisturize your hair?  I'm trying to find inexpensive ways to do so.... in other words, I don't really want to buy a bunch of products that I may or may not like and waste money but if I have to spend some money I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment